Monday, March 29, 2010

Odditude


Go in on every hand,
Play cards that just can't stand.
Why don't you take a chance,
Who do you think you are, France?

It seems to me these days that everyone is looking for a sure thing.
Sure, its logical.
I'll take the new car over the used one if I have those resources.
I'll bet on a pair of aces over a two and six of clubs.
I like the idea of investing my money into a sure thing that is going to have a guaranteed abysmal .025 percent interest rate. I mean its just free money.
How do I argue with a guarantee?

But, what ever happened to the high-risk, high-reward?

Why insist on playing it safe? I mean, its just money, its just things, its simply stuff.
Yes, I am aware of the relative importance of money.
After all, money makes the world go round; and who am I to argue with physics?

I feel like there are plenty of people out there shaking their heads and wondering why they did not invest in Microsoft it launched. Maybe they could have been a complete failure. Maybe the new car was a lemon, maybe I played a straight flush.

Probability dictates that probability is probable.
I like my odds.

No comments:

Post a Comment