Monday, March 29, 2010

Ink Should Flow When Blood Flows


Why do news stations only show bits and pieces of reports involving homicide, it seems by only showing shorter, more and less fulfilling news coverage they are just trying to shock their viewers. But I just can't get why, for ratings? Are ratings really that important that as news station, whose job it is to keep the public informed, they have to sacrifice the content of their news for something like ratings?
Something that shocks me is to think that news stations say that they base their actions off of what we, the viewers react towards and say that we want. Now I'm not sure about you but I cannot remember ever receiving any notification that they were wondering what kind of news I would like, a reporter and I did not play twenty questions to see what I liked and I did not get a questionnaire about what type of news coverage I like, and I know if I had I would have had quite a bit to say; maybe give me more content, actually tell me what's going not just snip its of information, oh hey and how about the Truth, but that is asking alot so for now I'll accept a biased news coverage as long as it is more informative and I'll just wait to voice my opinion until All the facts are in.
Let's change this and let them know what we actually want, how about after reading this send an email to any news station ,take your pick, Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, the local news, the BBC anyone you think is presenting a biased view or giving to little information during their news coverage, they depend on us to survive as a business we do not need them for information we choose what information we want to know and when we want to receive it. The people posses the power, not the government, nor any corporation, we should kindly remind them of that.

1 comment:

  1. These are the emails of various news stations, please take advantage of just having to click and write them, every voice matters.

    friends@foxnews.com-Fox and Friends

    fncspecials@foxnews.com-Fox News Specials

    http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form1.html?6

    The above is a link to the form to comment on CNN's news coverage

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10285339/

    That is a link to send your comments to MSNBC.

    ReplyDelete